The current Refuse Collection Assessment for the City of Colstrip is as follows:
96 gallon container is $112.50 per year and is picked up two times per week. If you have a 300 gallon container and share this container with a neighbor the cost for pickup is $112.50 per year. This is two times per week pickup. These fees are for residential customers.
- Commercial fees for 300 gallon containers are # of containers x’s number of pickups per week x’s $117 per year. (Example: 3 containers that are emptied twice per week will be assessed $702 per year)
Items that are prohibited in being placed in a city owned container are:
- Large limbs or trimmings that do not allow the container lid to close
- Flammable liquids
- Large construction, demolition, or remodeling debris
- Concrete, dirt or plaster
- Appliances or other furniture that will not allow the container lid to close
- Dead animals or parts thereof
- Vehicle batteries and motor oil
- Hazardous waste and chemicals
Whenever possible, the refuse generator shall attempt to break down materials so that they will readily fit into the container. All refuse shall be put into an authorized container. Refuse not put into the container will not be picked up.
The City of Colstrip does not have garbage collection on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day, General Election Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.